Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Blame Xfinity - restarting my blogging routine.

Hello there. It has been a year and few months that I posted last time. Well shame on me. I got sidetracked, but I am trying to get back.

 Symbolically I blame it on Xfinity. A short technical paragraph follows- you can skip it.
 A year ago I have switched from Verizon FIOS to Xfinity. Reasons? Couple. I was not so happy with the pricing and DVR capacity. As it happened I got better offer from the guy from Xfinity soliciting on our street. The pros: advertised speed greater than one from FIOS, no DVR fees, premium channels, price. Cons: speed far from advertised and fluctuating with total connection black-outs, wi-fi limited coverage - the router range, DVR interface not so nice.  Well the deal has expired and  price didn't look so well afterwards. So I am back with FIOS and all is well now, even the price. The wi-fi coverage good again (old FIOS router made the difference), the DVR discounted fees, speed steady and NO FLUCTUATIONS - optical cable rules.

I repeat myself but I want to continue blogging to achieve experience in expressing myself in writing form.
So please feel free to comment - I am opened to suggestions.




No comments:

Post a Comment